|Far into the future, different factions fight throughout the galaxy for control of resources using armies of advanced machines...
|Metal Factions is a FREE 3D real time strategy game that runs on the Spring RTS engine.
It's an evolving game that currently features four factions: AVEN, GEAR, CLAW and SPHERE.
- 3D terrain and units
- Intuitive physics with real-time simulated gravity, collision handling and projectile trajectories
- Over 400 units including humanoid robots, tanks, ships, aircraft, buildings, defenses, etc.
- Large variety of viable strategies : overpower your enemies with a determined push or overwhelm them with multiple fronts and sneaky guerrilla tactics. Bombard them into submission with land or naval artillery or cripple them with air strikes!
- Play against other humans or against the AI
- Works on Windows and Linux
v0.986 - 2017-09-17
Currently it requires Spring RTS engine version 103.0.
The game can be downloaded and played through a SpringRTS lobby client, the recommended one is Springlobby.
Install the lobby client first, then you can get the necessary packages through one of the following methods:
--------- Method 1 (recommended)
Get both the necessary engine and game versions by joining the official Spring server using Springlobby or another lobby client, connecting to the official server and joining the "nebula" autohosts.
Lobby clients should download games, maps and engine versions automatically.
--------- Method 2
Download the game package and SpringRTS engine directly. Start Springlobby, then go to "Tools > Download Archives", then copy/paste the following lines into the text box and press OK:
map:Desert Needle Small 4.1
The first two lines correspond to the game and the required springRTS engine version, the others are maps.
--------- Method 3
Metal Factions can also be downloaded through Springfiles and manually placed on the Spring data directory (typically "C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\My Games\Spring\Games" on Windows or "/home/<USER>/.spring/games" on Ubuntu Linux).
You can find more maps here.